Saturday, March 7, 2009

It does seem easier

It has been oft said that getting back into the saddle gets easier over time.  I think the metaphor is meant for horseback riding, but I think it holds for cycling too.  I did another ride up the river again today.  Of course, the weather was much nicer than last Saturday.  It was a balmy 70 degrees and the only thing that reminded me that it was still winter (sort of) was that I went through a couple of icy patches where snow drifts still remained from Monday.

But the ride itself was a lot easier and I felt a little more confident that 300 miles in 5 days will be quite doable come September.  Of course, that is all dependent upon me keeping a regular training schedule and increasing the difficulty and distance.

But for now, my disposition matched today's weather.  Mostly sunny with a warm breeze.  Hopefully that remains as I train harder.

1 comment: