Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finally a window to ride

Weather's been awful. And with the end of the semester, my schedule has not allowed me on my bike in the few times it wasn't raining.  So this evening after the kids were put to bed, I did a quick run up the river and back.  

Emphasis on quick.  

I haven't been on my bike for over a week and really needed to keep training - so I was eager.
I wanted to beat the darkness (I didn't)
I wanted to beat the rain (I didn't)

But it is apparent that I have been training because I shaved about 10% off my usual time.  

I will probably feel  it in the morning.  

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Flanders makes the kids go to bed while its still light out.

    Back when i used to swim a lot, I always felt that I improved significantly after being forced to take small breaks (swimmer's ear), so It makes sense that you improved your time.

    ReplyDelete