Sunday, April 12, 2009

A new route. . . .

Another cold day.  When is spring going to arrive?

So I found a new route across and up the river a little bit.  It's about 12 miles.  Some nice flat riding first to warm up, one SERIOUS hill followed by a few smaller ones.  Once you get to the top though, it's a long ride down hill.  I topped out at 40 mph going down the steepest grade.  But the nice thing is that after the long hill, it is a little up, a little down and some level in between.  I certainly got a workout, but it was nice to know that I could do the ride in about an hour.  

Did I mention, though, that it was cold?  And windy to boot.  I can't wait for warmer weather.  It's going to make biking so much more enjoyable, especially since I am getting into such good shape!

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could go for a bike ride. Too much grading to do though. :(

    ReplyDelete